How we use your data
Smart Respiratory Products Ltd (SRP) requires your data to enable you to track and chart your peak flow, rescue inhaler use and symptoms. The data is stored in the Cloud and is de-identified and securely protected by a two-step encryption. This back-up copy ensures that your data won’t be lost in case you lose your smartphone or you use another device to log in. Your de-identified data is linked to a randomly generated ID and not linked to your email address, so it is completely anonymous. Please be aware that our security means that if you forget your login details, it is impossible to retrieve your data from the Cloud.You can share your asthma data with your doctor via email in a PDF chart or Excel spreadsheet, using the share function in the app. Alternatively you can share your asthma data with your doctor in real time through the Smart Asthma telemedicine console which provides the doctor with valuable data regarding your asthma condition. You are authorising your doctor to view your data when you register for this service and you will create an ID which enables your doctor to identify you and monitor your condition, enabling the doctor to amend your medication accordingly. This data is also encrypted and only your doctor can view it. You can choose to stop sharing your data with your doctor at any time and your doctor will no longer see your data. You can also ask for all your stored data to be deleted.However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information,no website, internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completelysecure.
Data from the Smart Peak Flow Meter (SPF) is de-identified and securely stored in the Google Cloud in the USA. Google Cloud have servers across many countries so if it is a legal requirement to keep the data within the country, this can be arranged. The principal reason for storing the data is to enable the asthmatic to keep track of their own asthma data. SRP only use the patient’s de-identified data for research or medical purposes and to improve our services. The Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) prohibit any stakeholder from selling the data to a third party.Only members of SRP can see the data from the SPF and we only see the gender, country, results and age. SRP do not see any names or email addresses. The doctor only sees your data if you share it with them and no other stakeholders can see it.When signing up for the Smart Asthma Console, the patient authorises the doctor to receive their data, including names (or unique identifier), without which the doctor can’t monitor their patients. This authorisation can be withdrawn at any time and only the doctor sees this data. SRP only sees the de-identified data and no other stakeholders can see the data.
If you are a patient and you use the Data Sharing function of the Smart Asthma App, you agree to the following:
- You give permission to your healthcare professional to access your identifiable health data collected by the Smart Asthma App, including your name or study ID, age, gender, peak flow, rescue inhaler use, symptom data, measurement notes, survey data, peak flow prediction and CompEx events. This data must be used only for medical purposes.
- You give permission to your healthcare professional to contact you, if needed, for medical reasons, subject to the health care professional’s judgement.
- You acknowledge that no one else apart from the healthcare professional you authorised will have access or use any identifiable data collected by the Smart Asthma App.
- You give permission to Smart Respiratory Products Ltd, which is the owner and custodian of any data collected by the Smart Asthma App, to have access to your anonymous data. This is to be used for (A) improving prediction accuracy, (B) research purposes and (C) to improve the further development of the Smart Asthma App.
- You can withdraw your Data Sharing arrangement at any time in the Health Data Section of the Profile tab. And you have the right to stop using the Smart Asthma App at any time without your medical care being affected.
- You acknowledge that even when Sharing is active it does not guarantee your physician will monitor your data between consultations. Neither your
physician nor Smart Respiratory can be held liable for any potential issues arising from the use of Smart Asthma.
If you are health care professional and you use the Smart Asthma Console to monitor patients, you agree to the following:
- You are the only one who has access in any identifiable medical data of the patients, such as name or study ID, age, gender, peak flow, rescue inhaler use, symptom data, measurement notes, survey data, peak flow prediction and CompEx events.
- All the patient medical data is strictly confidential, must be used only for medical purposes and is bound by the applicable patient confidentiality laws.
- You are only allowed to share anonymous data of the users with third parties for medical or research use.
- You understand that the owner and custodian (Smart Respiratory Products Ltd) of the patient data can have access to anonymous data of the users of the Smart Asthma App without further approval.